Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vacation in Montana




Our annual trip to Montana this year was very much needed as we had just exhausted ourselves working on our new house. We had such a great time doing a whole lot of nothing mixed in with
some fishing, mining for sapphires and of course, the candy store!

The candy store is a huge, old fashioned candy store that pulls taffy, makes fudge and other yummy chocolate decadence, and has just about every kind of penny candy you can imagine. I feel like I've stepped into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory every time I go there. Of course, the Kingsford family likes to go just to see my reaction because the first time I went, I about hyperventilated from the joy I felt! Mae liked it too. She filled her own candy bag and I was very happy to see she picked a lot of sugar free candy - of course she didn't know what that meant at the time but it sort of softened the blow as she began diving into her treasure trove.

We love staying with Janet and Larry, Tom's aunt and uncle. They always host such a good trip for us and make us feel so welcome at their beautiful cabin on the lake. This was certainly another great year!

2 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! We miss you guys so much! When can we hang out??

Dave and Miranda said...

I missed you guys tonight so much that I actually got tears in my eyes imagining being able to call you and actually go hang out. Come visit us!